Friday 3 July 2009

The Great Eggscape



Sorry about title, had to be done......
The chickens have got a bit naughty and had figured out how to escape from their pen.
The river has run dry and is obviously full of tasty bugs! so the chickens have been jumping the levada wall and wondering off on to other peoples land. I would be merrily gardening away, unaware of their eggscapades, until I would here a plaintive cry off in the distance.
Always wearing the wrong clothes, I have had to trudge off in shorts and crocs to rescue them, getting lacerated in the process. Fed up with it, we have erected another fence away from the levada wall and today they managed to stay behind the fence all day, maybe I will be able to leave them unattended from now on whilst I go for a quick dip at the local river beach.

No comments: