Saturday 7 May 2011

flower power

I haven't given an update lately on the garden as I've been busy brush-cutting, having fires and getting everything ready, a lot of the plants I've propagated are in and the rest are hardening off, I'll post more about them when they look a little bit happier. There is a riot of colour everywhere, I am particularly chuffed with my over-wintered self seeded sweet peas and my sweet williams (which are my favourite cut flower), but I won't be cutting them this year as they are too beautiful where they are. I used to grow tonnes of flowers in the UK to have around the house, here I don't feel the need. We are surrounded by beauty and somehow I don't need that cheering up that cut flowers provide in an otherwise dreary life.

I do pilfer the occasional wild flower for the house and this week I was overtaken with the desire to have red roses in my bedroom, don't tell anyone but I nicked them!!!!







No comments: